with Brooklyn Bridge Walk
(This tour is seasonal, running from mid-March through October only.)
The Brooklyn Bridge is one of the city’s most iconic images, recognized the world over as a symbol of New York City’s stunning architecture and can-do attitude. The story of the bridge is the story of Brooklyn itself and its connections and contributions to its more famous neighbor, Manhattan. Through carefully researched history and fascinating stories, your guide will enrich your understanding of the Brooklyn Bridge, as you walk from the stately Manhattan side to the newly redesigned Brooklyn piers.
The Brooklyn Bridge walk is followed up by our popular DUMBO: Art & Culture, Coffee & Beer tour, with an in-depth, on-the-ground exploration of the wonderfully reinvented waterfront neighborhood of DUMBO (Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass). DUMBO delivers a cinematic setting, with a chic industrial air and cobblestone streets, set at the base of two bridges (the Brooklyn and Manhattan). Its East River-fronted Brooklyn Bridge Park proposes sweeping Manhattan skyline views, while old factories and warehouses have been converted into artists’ lofts, galleries, boutiques, bars/eateries, and performing arts venues.
BQE Tours brings you to sample the best of them, where, in an intimate environment, you’ll gain access to creative spaces and workshops and be introduced to works of art by local artists. Plus, meet neighborhood entrepreneurs who are creating the marketplace and trends of tomorrow. Enjoy additional stops for light bites and to sip on coffee and beer while en route.
- An informative and entertaining walk over the Brooklyn Bridge, accented with personal insights and photo ops
- Panoramic skyline views; innovatively designed public spaces; and commentary on DUMBO, its history, culture, DIY (do-it-yourself) manufacturing movement, and relevance in the big picture of Brooklyn and NYC at large
- Dedicated services of a licensed, native NYC guide and small group settings (12 people maximum per tour)
- Access to a working artist’s studio
- Visits to a gallery, “maker’s” workshop/showroom, and standout neighborhood establishments
- Stop for a complimentary beer
- Choice of hot beverage at a historically significant and charmingly cozy coffeehouse
- A light bite from a local vendor
- Tour Length: Approximately 4 hours (covering over 2 miles)
- Tour Schedule: See our tour calendar for scheduled outings. This tour is seasonal, running from mid-March through October.
- Meeting Point: Downtown Manhattan, near the Brooklyn Bridge. Directions and exact meeting location will be provided by e-mail following ticket purchase.
- FAQ: See answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
- Cost: $65/person; advanced purchase required. Ticket prices include all cited tastings, beverages, and establishment visits. However, it’s a good idea to have some extra cash handy, in case you’re interested in purchasing any artwork or other artisanal products that you may come across on the tour. Note that food and drink inclusions are meant to serve as tastings, and are not intended to replace a full meal.