Art & Culture, Coffee & Beer
The wonderfully reinvented waterfront neighborhood of DUMBO (Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass) delivers a cinematic setting, with a chic industrial air and cobblestone streets, set at the base of two bridges (the Brooklyn and Manhattan). Its East River-fronted Brooklyn Bridge Park proposes sweeping Manhattan skyline views, while old factories and warehouses have been converted into artists’ lofts, galleries, boutiques, bars/eateries, and performing arts venues.
BQE Tours brings you to sample the best of them, where, in an intimate environment, you’ll gain access to creative spaces and workshops and be introduced to works of art by local artists. Plus, meet neighborhood entrepreneurs who are creating the marketplace and trends of tomorrow. Enjoy additional stops for a light bite and to sip on coffee and beer while en route.
- Panoramic skyline views; innovatively designed public spaces; and commentary on DUMBO, its history, culture, DIY (do-it-yourself) manufacturing movement, and relevance in the big picture of Brooklyn and NYC at large
- Dedicated services of a licensed, native NYC guide and small group settings (12 people maximum per tour)
- Access to a working artist’s studio
- Visits to a gallery, “maker’s” workshop/showroom, and standout neighborhood establishments
- Stop for a complimentary beer
- Choice of hot beverage at a historically significant and charmingly cozy coffeehouse
- A light bite from a select local vendor
- Tour Length: Approximately 3 hours
- Tour Schedule: See our tour calendar for scheduled outings.
- Meeting Point: Only one subway stop from Manhattan, in DUMBO. Directions and exact meeting location will be provided by e-mail following ticket purchase.
- FAQ: See answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
- Cost: $55/person; advanced purchase required. Ticket prices include all cited tastings, beverages, and establishment visits. However, it’s a good idea to have some extra cash handy, in case you’re interested in purchasing any artwork or other artisanal products that you may come across on the tour. Note that food and drink inclusions are meant to serve as tastings, and are not intended to replace a full meal.