for Individuals & Groups
Whether you want a private tour customized for yourself, a group of relatives visiting from out of town, your photography club, a school group, a corporate team-building outing, or maybe even a Star Wars mini-convention (hey, it’s NYC—we cater to everybody!), we specialize in creating tailored tours in Brooklyn and Queens for all interests. Our goal is to always make you feel comfortable, looked after, and engaged by all that we have to show you, on memorable itineraries that are both informative and entertaining.
Note that, for a small supplement, we’re happy to arrange pickups and drop-offs directly at your hotel, too, for a fully escorted outing. Private tours can be arranged on foot, by private car service, or via public transportation, as per your preferences and budget.
We offer two variations of our public group walking tours for private bookings:
- All of BQE Tours public group walking tours in DUMBO (or DUMBO with a Brooklyn Bridge crossover), Williamsburg, and Long Island City—inclusive of special guest speakers, food/drink stops, and more, as outlined in the individual tour descriptions—can be booked as private outings for individuals and groups. These private tours can also be modified to suit your personal interests and logistical preferences. Rates vary by group size; please contact us for more details.
- We also offer private neighborhood walking tours in DUMBO (with an optional Brooklyn Bridge crossover), Williamsburg, and Long Island City that are more limited—and more affordable—versions of our scheduled public group walking tours. Kindly note that due to the complicated logistics of coordinating the many special featured stops, speakers, and tastings on our public group walking tours, these private tours are not inclusive of the same food/drink stops or special guest speakers. However, guests may choose to pay for select optional elections on an à la carte basis. These private outings, customizable to your individual tastes and whims, cost $125/hour, with a two-hour minimum and maximum group size of six. Please contact us to discuss preferences and additional details.
There are many more "Brooklyn Queens Experiences" to be had throughout the two boroughs! With sufficient advance notice, there’s hardly a tour that you can dream up that we can’t make a reality. Contact us and we’ll thoroughly gauge your interests to put together a customized itinerary brimming with discoveries worthy of your attention, from essential highlights to off-the-beaten-path finds. As native New Yorkers and tourism experts with an insatiable appetite for authentic local culture and all things music, food, drink, and art, we’re pros at customizing perfect fits for diverse tastes.
While our walking tours typically stick to just one neighborhood, we can easily hit up multiple areas (or even both boroughs) via privately chauffeured outings or public transportation, as per your preferences and budget.
Here are just a few examples of some of the possible experiences/themes for your completely customized tour:
- The Ultimate Brooklyn-Queens Experience: Go borough-hopping, sipping, tasting, and exploring your way through top neighborhoods in Brooklyn and Queens.
- Trace Your Roots/Immigrant Stories: Custom-made ancestry or culturally focused tours to communities of specific ethnic identity, rife with culture from India, Greece, Colombia, China, and much more.
- Made in Brooklyn/Queens: From whiskey to pickles, the do-it-yourself renaissance of small-scale local manufacturing is booming boroughs-wide. Meet some of the up-and-coming "makers" in the local communities.
- Bottoms Up: Get your drink on, boroughs-style. From historic bars to craft cocktail lounges, to a new batch of breweries and distilleries, drink in the best of the boroughs on these private crawls.
- Literary and Cinematic Shout-outs: From author’s haunts and homes, to film sites and film studios, explore the boroughs’ rich ties to literature and cinema.
- Neighborhood Newcomers: Whether you’re considering a move or have recently relocated to Brooklyn or Queens, make the process of acclimating to your new surroundings more fun and flavorful on a neighborhood familiarization outing.
- And Much More!
Please contact us to discuss all of the details for your perfect customized boroughs tour.